Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

Mr. Bush Finds Some Nuance On The War On Terrorâ„¢

Dan Froomkin at the Washington Post writes this in his column.

NBC
Bush was also interviewed by NBC's Matt Lauer for the "Today" show while on the campaign trail in Ohio on Saturday.

Lauer asked if Bush felt most Americans would say they are better off today than four years ago. "I think over 50 percent will," Bush said.

Bush also said the war against terrorism must be fought but that it's not likely to ever end. "I don't think you can win it, but I think you can create conditions so that those who use terror as a tool are less acceptable in parts of the world."

Here's the video.

At any rate, I never thought the idea of a Perma-War on terrorism had any real currency, and I never liked the war analogy anyway.

So I guess I can't really fault Mr. Bush for finding nuance in the situation.

I just wonder what took him so long to see it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?