Thursday, June 24, 2004

 

Once Again...

...We're told we don't matter in the governing process.

I guess there is a shred of hope in that the Court did not dismiss the case outright but sent it back to the lower court for review. A process I should imagine will take far too long to be helpful in the next national election.

But we're fed this line when growing up that this is a government of the people and for the people. It's getting harder and harder not to think that if that was ever once true, that it no longer seems be the case.

Yeah, that’s cynical, but when one reads things like this...

Court Won't Order Cheney Papers Released

...it's difficult not to become cynical.

Yes, the government has the right to create energy policy.

But, I have the right to know who they met with to create this policy so that I can decide if the process was fair and above board.

I have this right because I have to decide whether or not to give this administration a second term in office. As an American citizen I exercise oversite over the conduct of this administration with my vote and I need the information on policy they create to make that exercise that oversite.

But the Court has decided that I don't get that information. And this administration has decided to be as secretive as possible.

I guess I'll have to make my decision based solely on the fact that they are too secret to be open and honest with the American people about how they create policy. Energy or otherwise.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?