Thursday, May 20, 2004

 

Books

I've got two books going at the present time.

Literaly just started Wealth And Democracy: A Political History Of The American Rich by Kevin Phillips.

So I've got no feel about that as of yet.

The second one, I've already got some feelings about. I've not read enough for a full review since I'm only on chapter 2, but I've got feelings about the writing, the writer and the content.

Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News by Bernard Goldberg.

Reading up to the second chapter so far,Bias is a stomach churning, face-rubbing martyr-fest with Bernard Goldberg serving as chief martyr. He was the only stander-upper in the news business. He was the only one to write about, and rail against, the liberal agenda despite any retribution that might come.

So far, Goldberg's writing is redundant, illogical, filled with ad hominem attacks and, worst of all, unsourced.

I've not yet found a footnote or endnote. Maybe they are hiding, but I've not spotted any yet. Seems to me, that if a book wants to be serious about showing the public the liberal bias in the network news, the author might want to include some footnotes. Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to take the unsourced Bias seriously.

Anyway, I grabbed the book to read in the time I have a school before class, so I just read along. I might write a further review later...I might not.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?